Thursday, December 4, 2008

Second Life- Extra Credit

I created an account in Second life, thinking it would be a normal game that would be easily understood. I played around with it for about an hour or so, and in the end I still didn’t understand much of what was going on. I just walked around with my Avatar. I tried various things to see what I could do on the second life program, but nothing seemed to work. I don’t know if I was doing anything wrong, or maybe I was just extremely confused. I think it would be a pretty cool program, if you understand what’s going on. What I found extremely weird but cool at the same time was that you can make your avatar fly!!! I don’t know why you would need your avatar to fly but it does. (As you can see in my screen shot of my avatar, its flying) I found it somewhat like world of war craft, where you go in the game and there’s an online community where you gang up with people and fight with other people, it’s kind of a war game. Overall, I found the program very confusing, I still haven’t learned how to see my avatars face, I just see her back when she is walking. Although I did learn how to make friends, even though it took a really long time to get the hang of it. I think if I take time and explore second life I’ll slowly get the hang of it.

No comments: