Monday, September 22, 2008

Module 1-Project Goals


I plan to create a visual composition that advocates recycling, and why recycling is good for our communities. Living in Michigan we all know that garbage from many other areas, other countries and states, ends up in Michigan. Landfills use large amounts of land which we can use for other community resources. If we continue to import other countries garbage, such as, Canada’s into Michigan, the fresh water we drink will slowly become contaminated and we will have to rely on other states for fresh water. It is important to recycle, so there is less material put into landfills and we can save some of our land and protect our fresh water from becoming contaminated. Many students may not understand the importance of recycling, and how much harm is done to our community when people don't recycle. I feel it is my job to make students understand the importance of recycling through my visual composition. Not only are landfills and fresh water a problem, but with the recent terror about Global Warming it is important to protect our environment as much as possible, to keep our planet healthy and safe for all living organisms.

4 comments:

Amouna said...

Our high school paper did an article on that at the end of last year. People don't notice or realize how truly important it is or how easily and quickly we are using up our natural resources. Good idea.

Allison12 said...

awesome idea. Everyone needs to be reminded how they can do simple things to help the environment and prevent it from getting worse.

Colin LaVine said...

I am doing my module on recycling as well. However, I am focusing simply on plastic water bottles. I like your approach of an all-out recycling module. I am happy that many other people have a passion for recycling too.

Unknown said...

Definitely an important issue. I'd suggest that you focus on the Michigan garbage issue instead of recycling in general. Let me know if you have questions.