
When I saw my screen as a photograph it looked like I was busy doing a variety of things on my PC.I took a screen capture while I was doing an assignment for Composition 106. It seemed weird to look at and it reminded me of an advertisement that is seen at the side of the internet explorer screen when visiting various websites. Composing changes space in digital spaces because the setting of the composition is changed and that screen capture is placed into a new setting. This changed what the screen captures shape was and how it was percieved. In this case, when the screen capture was taken it looked strange and awkward in the Microsoft Word screen after it was pasted into it, because it felt like a moment of the past that I was staring at. It was like looking at a YouTube video clip and taking a still shot in the middle of a video and noticing the change and how that shot looks as the video progresses. It seems strange because you’re looking at a moment in time that has passed. How we can better understand digital composing processes is by looking at different types of digital compositions and how they are different from one another. I googled digital composition and found a site where an English professor made their students create a digital composition video, http://tltc.shu.edu/blogs/projects/epirate/2008/08/digital_storytelling_to_illumi.html. I found this site to be interesting; I enjoyed the second video because it felt like the video was saying something about college. We can better understand digital composing processes by researching and trying out different techniques on our own.
1 comment:
Your right, it sort of does look like a screen full of advertisements.
Post a Comment